When: Friday, February 23, 2018
The regular maintenance of your vehicle is the ideal Do-It-Yourself project and DIY Auto can show you how regardless of your skill level.
Our technician will walk you through the process giving you the confidence and ability to keep your vehicle running.
Class Highlights include:
- what the basic needs of your vehicle are
- what the manufacturer of your vehicle expects you to do at certain mileage intervals
- why it is so beneficial to get these services performed
- why every vehicle is different when it comes to maintenance
- why the owners manual isn't always correct
- why vehicle manufacturers try to dictate how you maintain your vehicle, are they really trying to help you?
- we will cover the very different types of fluids that may go in your vehicle and why it's important to make sure the proper fluids are used
- Class ideal for men, women, and teens age 15-18
We will also ask a class participant to allow us to use their vehicle as a case study during the class so everyone can see what a professional technician looks for when honestly approaching the maintenance needs of a vehicle.
When: Friday, March 9, 2018
We will discuss the fundamentals of the more common brake systems on the cars of today, how to service these systems and what brake parts to use on them.
Once we have a good grasp of how the system works, we will put a vehicle on the lift and show you a hands on approach to servicing the brake system of your vehicle. We will show how to properly inspect the brake system, where some adjustments can be made and where adjustments can't be made, how to properly install brake pads on a disc brake system, and how the new brakes should be used to properly break them in for a long service life.